Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe Banking Reg Tech group builds software to help banks around the world assess the overall health of their balance sheets and generate reports for regulators and other stakeholders. We know that regulatory and accounting standards and the technological demands of our customers are subject to change, which is why we employ a continuous cycle of innovation that allows us to offer nimble and agile solutions to our customers’ problems.
The Risk Foundation Platform team builds technical frameworks that are used by functional teams. The frameworks provide services for database schema management, import and export of data, business intelligence tools as well as a rich framework for rendering a user interface in HTML5. It is made up of Quality and Software Engineers working together under Agile Scrum methodologies. The Risk Foundation team works closely with the Risk Authority and Risk Confidence teams to help them provide world-leading risk and capital management solutions that have won numerous industry awards from both industry analysts and readers of industry magazines.
Job DescriptionMoody’s Analytics is seeking a highly motivated and experimented web application developer to join our Platform team and help build the next generation of productions.
Qualified candidates will have strong communication skills, have worked with multiple development teams, and have worked on a large framework (over hundreds of thousands lines of code).
- Contribute to the migration of a proprietary framework (used to design web interfaces) to HTML5/Angular7+
- Contribute to the design of a Test API to implement end-to-end testing
- Work with multiple development teams to help them use and debug the framework
- Review code, provide feedback, training and support to multiple teams to ensure a high standard of quality
- Work closely with the User Experience team to ensure components meet or exceed visual requirements
- Provides solid documentation through Demo Website, webinar and architectural scheme
At Moody’s, we believe in using the right tool for the right job, and we are eager to use the best that the open source world has to offer. We are currently using Angular 1.x but plan to transition to Angular 8.0. We practice agile development with quick iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build process.
- Java (Server Side)
- Angular 7+ + TypeScript/Tslint/TypeDoc (Client Side)
- Material Design knowledge (+Angular Material)
- Node, NPM, Webpack, Angular-CLI
- Junit and TestNG for Server Side Testing
- TestNG, Selenium and AUTReporter for E2E Testing
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of web application development experience
- Strong knowledge of web standards, best practices and front-end performance
- Strong knowledge of source control systems and best practices (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
- Strong background or understanding of server-side technologies based on Java (Spring, Springboot, maven, …)
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art web technologies (RESTful services, Real-time web technologies, Websockets, Server push etc.)
- Excellent communication skills for working with multiple teams
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.