Moody’s Investors Service is a market-leading provider of credit ratings, research and risk analysis. The firm tracks debt covering sovereign nations, corporate issuers, public finance issuers, and structured finance obligations. Moody’s Corporation reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 12,300 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries.
How to start your career at Moody’s
- Are you fascinated by financial markets and like working in a diverse and collaborative environment, getting involved in real projects and seeking opportunities to develop the foundation of credit analysis beyond formal training?
- Are you looking to further develop your quantitative aptitude, analytical skills, and accounting knowledge by interacting with analytical experts and participating in one of the best credit training programs in the industry?
- Do you have an outstanding record of academic achievement?
- Do you have strong written and verbal communication, Excel, and accounting skills, along with exceptional drive and interpersonal skills?
Training and Development
As a Moody’s Associate Analyst, you will join our comprehensive Credit Academy training program, which includes market and formal credit training, as well as focused coaching and feedback to support your development. Your onboarding and training period will be spent learning about the markets in which we operate, key credit considerations for our businesses, as well as understanding the systems and tools that will enable you to participate actively in the ratings process. Our dedicated Ratings & Research (RRS) managers will be looking out for your development and career interests.
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by RRS Team Manager.
- Work as a team with other associates in RRS, and lead analysts in R&R , under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
Experience and Qualification
- Our Associate Program is open to final year BSc and MSc students with graduation dates from May 2018 to August 2019.
- Preferably some relevant experience.
- Good Accounting background required for some, but not all, teams.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluency in English and professional proficiency in one of the following languages is highly desired: Italian, French, German, Russian, or Spanish.
- Our Associate Analyst Program is only open to candidates who have the eligibility to work full time in the EU.
- Please note that applications for the 2019 program are now closed.
- You will be contacted before the 26th of November if your application has been successful.
- First round interviews will be conducted by phone with a member of the hiring team.
- Online tests will be administered for verbal and numerical reasoning.
- Successful applicants will be invited to one of our Assessment Centers at the end of January or early February, where they will be interviewed by RRS Managers and take part in a group exercise.
- Offers will be made in February for a start date in Q1 or Q3 2019.