Moody’s Investors Service is a market-leading provider of credit ratings, research and risk analysis. The firm tracks debt covering sovereign nations, corporate issuers, public finance issuers, and structured finance obligations. Moody’s Corporation reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 12,000 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries.
Our Summer Associate Internships deliver real world work experience. You’ll work on real and challenging projects. Most importantly, you’ll be part of a business that is dedicated to analyzing credit and financial data.
We want you:
We seek current students from diverse backgrounds and academic disciplines. Working within Moody’s Investors Service, you will be helping analyze financial information used to rate some of the world’s largest companies and most critical financial instruments. You will need to be an analytical thinker, with strong verbal and written communication skills, and possess rigor, initiative, and self-motivation in working on financial research.
- We seek curious problem solvers who enjoy learning new things and working with others.
- Be open to feedback and continuously growing your interpersonal and technical skills.
- Be interested in learning and working with Moody’s various systems and processes, as well as Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Our Summer Associate program is open to penultimate year BSc and MSc students with graduation dates from December 2019 to August 2020.
- Good Accounting background encouraged for some, but not all, teams.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluency in English and professional proficiency in one of the following languages is highly desired: French, German, Italian or Spanish.
- Our Summer Associate Program is only open to candidates who have the eligibility to work full time in the EU.
What does this program offer?
The Summer Associate Internship provides a unique opportunity to develop skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Collaboration with purpose. You’ll work in small groups with other talented thinkers, interns and senior staff.
- You’ll help support the ratings process. Your work will have direct impact.
- You’ll work with people who care about your growth. Our teams are made up of committed professionals who take pride in both their work and your development.
Training and Development
During the 10 week internship you will be provided technical training, including presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite, standard accounting adjustments and more. You will also have access to online training modules to further develop your soft and technical skills.
In addition to networking opportunities, you’ll also be partnered with a mentor for the duration of your internship and have the chance to connect with and learn from senior leaders and advisors as you take your first steps towards a successful professional career.
How to apply:
Our summer associates are academic achievers with outstanding potential, so when you submit your application you should be able to demonstrate your ambition, your curiosity and the strength of your interest in your chosen field.
As a Summer Associate, you will be assigned to one of the following rating groups and will be asked for your placement preferences during the interview process:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Infrastructure & Project Finance
- Sovereign & Supranational
- Structured Finance
To submit your application, please follow the links below to be considered for your preferred location. Please note that applications for the 2019 program are now closed.