Start your career at Moody’s
- Are you interested in financial markets and/or technology?
- Do you like working in a diverse environment, getting involved in real projects and seeking opportunities to develop beyond formal training?
- Do you have a strong quantitative aptitude, good basics in programming languages and proven analytical skills?
- Do you have strong written and verbal communication skills, along with exceptional drive and interpersonal skills?
- Do you have a master degree/ post graduate qualification or relevant work experience within a number of disciplines including but not limited to Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Physics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science and Engineering?
The Moody’s Analytics Graduate Program will provide the opportunity to gain in-depth insight into a variety of financial institutions, working within our Enterprise Risk Solutions business units, focused on delivering high quality products and services across our client base. With a combination of formal and on-the-job training, alongside ongoing mentoring, you will be expected to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We are currently recruiting across the following teams: Banking RegTech, Credit Assessment & Origination, Insurance Modeling & Analytics, Risk & Finance Analytics and Research & Modeling:
The Banking RegTech group builds software to help banks around the world assess the overall health of their balance sheets and generate reports for regulators and other stakeholders. We know that regulatory and accounting standards and the technological demands of our customers are subject to change, which is why we employ a continuous cycle of innovation that allows us to offer nimble and agile solutions to our customers’ problems.
Credit Assessment & Origination
The Credit Assessment & Origination group helps global lenders of all sizes to digitally transform their commercial lending processes so that they can make credit origination decisions with speed and confidence. Our teams of software engineers, product managers, project directors, and technical consultants work closely with one another to build and deploy configurable modular software solutions to meet the credit life cycle management needs of our customers.
Insurance Modeling & Analytics
The Insurance Modeling & Analytics group helps insurers, asset managers, and pension funds to better understand and manage their actuarial, financial, and risk-management activities. Our modelling, software, and consultancy solutions are always evolving, as we respond to shifting market needs and customer feedback. That is why all of our team members – from actuaries to software engineers to product managers – are committed to maintaining high quality customer engagement.
Risk & Finance Analytics
The Risk & Finance Analytics group helps financial institutions manage credit and financial risk through the application of quantitative models and data for credit decisions and monitoring, portfolio management, stress testing, and impairment analysis. Our team of product managers, software engineers, and consultants is passionate about uncovering new insights in financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and bringing a new level of understanding to our customers’ business needs.
Research & Modeling
The Research & Modeling team serves as the quantitative backbone to the credit and risk management solutions produced by the groups of Banking RegTech, Insurance, and Risk & Finance Analytics. We share a passion for using our backgrounds in accounting, economics, finance, math, and machine learning to solve real world business problems. We focus on corporate and commercial real estate risk, portfolio management, asset-liability management, and insurance analytics and collaborate with teams that specialize in other types of risk modeling.
Training and Development
As a Moody’s Analytics graduate, you will have exposure to working with award-winning solutions and best practices for measuring and managing risk with a range of clients dependent on the line of business. You will join an onboarding program which will include training on your chosen line of business as well as the Enterprise Risk Solutions business as a whole. Your initial period with Moody’s will be spent understanding the market in which we operate, as well as understanding the systems and tools that we use. Alongside your fellow graduates, you will participate in group training on Moody’s Corporation and financial markets. Your buddy and supervisor will give you specific mentoring that will help you succeed.
You will have the opportunity to network with our senior leaders and get noticed by a diverse pool of employees. At Moody’s you will work in a diverse environment that provides immediate challenges, variety, encourages curiosity and initiative, where fresh and forward-thinking ideas are embraced. You will not only find a collegial work ethic and constant support but also diligence and integrity, which are at the heart of how Moody’s operates.
Experience and Qualification
- Our Graduate Program is open to final year BSc, MSc and PhD students.
- Our UK Graduate Program is only open to candidates who have the eligibility to work full time in the UK.
- The applications for the 2020 Graduate Program have closed.
- You will be contacted before the 25th November if your application has been successful.
- Online tests will be administered for deductive, inductive and numerical reasoning.
- First round interviews will be conducted by videoconference with a member of the hiring team.
- Successful applicants will be invited to one of our Assessment Centres taking place in February in London or Edinburgh. The Assessment Centre is a daylong process where you will get the opportunity to learn about our organization from senior managers, interview with our experts face to face, and take part in tests to demonstrate your skill set.
- Offers will be made in February for a start date in September 2020.