Who we are:
Moody’s is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody’s Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody’s Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody’s Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. As a company, we pride ourselves on producing top-quality ratings and research. Moody’s Corporation reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,000 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 44 countries. For more information, please visit our website www.moodys.com.
By providing robust and high quality analytical support, Moody’s early career & summer internship programs are essential to achieving our mission and facilitating enhanced professional development and career paths for our talented, dynamic and diverse professionals.
The Moody’s Summer Internship Program
Our Summer Internship program is a paid 10-week long program providing students to obtain real world, and impactful work experience. Through your internship with Moody’s you’ll gain valuable experience in a wide variety of business areas. You’ll work on real and challenging projects, and most importantly, you’ll learn what it means to be part of a business that is dedicated to analyzing credit and financial data for the global financial markets.
As an Associate Analyst Summer Intern, you will be a part of a global team within the RRS group that will help to broaden your horizons into topics such as the rating process, contributing to credit documents, formulating ratios, and comparative statistics.
This role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams. To that end, Associate Analyst Interns provide credit analysis support in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work.
The Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research function. RRS will contribute to the overall goals and objectives of Moody’s Investors Service by enabling the company to operate more effectively and to better meet the evolving expectations of our stakeholders. While the Rating and Research Team (R&R) retains ownership of our opinions on credit, the contribution of our RRS associates into the rating process is critical. As a company, we value and focus on producing top-quality ratings and research. RRS is an essential element in that equation as one of its objectives is to shape the Lead Analysts of the future.
As an Associate Analyst Intern you will:
- Join one of Moody’s six lines of business (LOB) depending on your background and Moody’s business need
- Receive analytical and professional training through the summer internship program by the Moody’s Credit Academy program & Campus Recruitment Team
- Support senior lead analysts across different offices with financial modeling and preparation of rating committees, publications such as press releases, credit opinions, research and investor outreach materials
- Be part of our Summer Intern Mentorship Program and will be mentored by professionals throughout the firm
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by RRS Team Manager.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyze financial data provided by our teams to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by RRS Team Manager.
- Work as a team with other associates in RRS, and lead analysts in R&R, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Graduating with minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from December 2020- May 2021 with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Liberal Arts, or STEM related field
- Preferably some relevant project or work experience
- Basic to advance accounting skills, preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Statistical language knowledge, a plus
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly