- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Assist in the implementation of test automation frameworks.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Use queries to create test data and analyze results.
- Help ensure coverage for each software release.
- Champion Quality and testing across all phases of the SDLC
- Suggest process and execution improvements for the QA phases of the SDLC.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
ERS Insurance / Edinburgh / Moody's Analytics
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree).
- Strong Mathematical background.
- Extensive experience dealing with QA.
- Strong knowledge of all stages of the SDLC.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide range of QA methodologies
- Strong understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Ability to write test plans
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently or lead QA on a project
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause and provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Strong understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Database Testing skills
- C# and/or scripting experience
- Strong experience with automated testing tools
- Strong understanding of QA testing tools and environments
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.