Leads the UK/Ireland sub-region (territory) with responsibility to manage a team of account managers and relationship managers (RMs). Responsible for the development and execution of strategies to extend existing customer relationships and develop new business relationships within their territory.
- Responsible for overall line management for UK/Ireland Relationship Management.
- Responsible for managing/coaching the entire team.
- Overall responsibility for the coordination, design and execution of a strategic business plan for the UK/Ireland territory for each of Moody’s analytical franchises.
- Owns the business development and account management initiatives for the territory, and will personally own and drive outreach for top/key prospects; whist having the ability to delegate chosen prospects to RMs.
- Proactively manage 10 - 30 “high value” accounts for their territory (produce key account plans – targeted number of cross selling opportunities, monetize annual price increases , including those for UNIFIP customers)
- Expected to spend approximately 30% of their time meeting customers.
- Responsible for participating in the Annual Pricing Review for EMEA, by providing customer perspectives and making recommendations to maximize revenues.
- Meet with a select group of investors to get insights used to construct outreach strategies and craft value propositions
- Define the gap strategy to increase relevance in the territory
- Provide feedback on product needs/ideas/concepts to the Product Management Team where appropriate.
- Acts as speaker or facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Lead review of budget, forecast and staffing needs for his/her territory.
- Provide support and back-up for other Sub-Regional Heads
- Support and back-up the Head of Relationship Management for the EMEA region
The primary function of the Relationship Management department is the establishment, maintenance and management of rating relationships throughout
- Ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of their own and other territories and to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for the territory with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the territory and concrete proposals on how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with clients across a large range of different profiles on short notice or preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, clients and larger audiences
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently and with minimal oversight
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with the Group treasurer and or CFO of an issuer.
- Develop, articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition
- Ability to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals.
- Lead the coordination efforts to draft tender documents
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments across all Moody’s analytical franchises, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her/his territory.
- Ability to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moody’s services and products, contracts and general conduct of business
- Ability to easily switch between Account Management and Business Development roles and to develop others to do so.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
- Strong leadership and management skills
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Extensive years of experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing and in managerial roles is desired
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.