This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of content services which enable our market leading Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) software solutions. Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and a growing presence in Asia and North America.
The Assistant Director – Modeling Operations role may suit candidates with strong technical backgrounds and content service delivery experience. The role offers an interesting mix of technical leadership, quality assurance, operational delivery and support responsibilities for ESG calibration and related content services.
Services include standard calibrations, scenario sets and related content services that enable our flagship software products. The role will also support the delivery of a broad range of recurring bespoke services tailored to meet specific client needs and applications.
The role will develop internal processes and quality assurance routines to help automate the production of high quality content services. The role will also assist in the collaborative development and implementation of new models and calibration tools into our service delivery infrastructure. The role will also respond to external client queries, act as a point of escalation and provide quantitative support and training for our products and services.
Assistant Director of Modeling Operations Responsibilities:
· Deliver a range of standard calibration, scenario sets and related content services to global clients within contracted timescales.
· Deliver a range of bespoke calibration, scenario sets and related content services to global clients within contracted timescales.
· Responsible, under the guidance of the Associate Director, for quality assurance of a range of services to ensure all content is accurate, complete and appropriate to the evolving needs of our clients.
· Act as Modeling Operations lead in implementation, testing and delivery of new bespoke content service projects to meet specific client needs in partnership with the Advisory Services function.
· Assist with the implementation, testing and delivery of new calibration service projects to enhance our product propositions under the direction of Product Management and in conjunction with Research and Software Engineering functions.
· Responsible for triage, resolution and quality of escalated client support queries for core ESG product, calibration tools and related content services.
· Deliver standard training and knowledge sharing initiatives for our core ESG product, calibration tools and related content services.
· Assist development and adoption of internal business processes and standards for service delivery.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships both within the Modeling Operations team and across the ERS Insurance business to deliver content services using innovative technology solutions and operations best practise.
The Modeling Operations team is part of the ERS Insurance function based in Edinburgh. The team currently has 14 full time employees with a broad range of academic and commercial experience.
Modeling Operations Purpose & Mission:
· To deliver accurate, complete and appropriate content services that enable our subscription based software products
· To support and strengthen our ERS Insurance proposition through recurring standard & bespoke content services
· To deliver standalone managed content services that extends our ERS Insurance client proposition to non ESG software licensed clients
· To respond to industry and regulatory demand and meet the evolving needs of our customers – to proactively broaden and enrich our content services
· To build and maintain effective partnerships and leverage the capabilities of the broader MA organisation to deliver services using innovative technology solutions and operations best practise
· We are respected authorities in ERS Insurance content services - we are consistent in service delivery execution and content quality
· A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: mathematics, physics, actuarial science or finance.
· In addition, the candidate should have either:
o post-graduate (MSc or PhD) qualification in a numerical discipline, or
o progress towards a relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA, FRM or similar.
· The ideal candidate should have knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas:
o insurance, pensions and / or retail financial industries
o financial mathematics and stochastic modelling
o use of economic scenarios or ESG software in either Life or General Insurance
· Experience in actuarial reporting or regulatory submission processes such as Solvency II, Embedded Value / MCEV reporting, ICA or similar would be advantageous.
· Experience of working in a project-based role (using Agile methods) would be advantageous.