Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentPredictive Analytics (Economics as a Service)
The Predictive Analytics group transforms our data into state-of-the-art analytics to help clients make better decisions in the face of uncertainty. Our clients come from a wide range of industries such as banking, insurance, commercial real estate and many more. They use our economic research to evaluate credit-worthiness, to monitor risks and opportunities when weighing up major investment decisions as part of their corporate strategy. Our team is made up of intellectually curious economists, data scientists, and IT professionals who combine technical skills with a strong desire to understand clients’ needs.
- Work in a cross-functional environment. Conduct ad-hoc data analysis and provide technical assistance for strategy and other client-facing teams.
- Explore large structured and unstructured datasets for new product development.
- Provide analytical tools supporting product development decisions.
- Model risk, using state-of-the-art statistical and econometric techniques, including forecasting and simulation exercises
- Collaborate with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects
- Partner with engineering teams to deploy completed research through various technology channels
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally.
- Strong academic background – MS degree in in Financial Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Finance, or another relevant field.
- Data wrangling experience.
- AWS experience: EC2, Athena, S3
- Advanced programming skills in R, Python, SQL.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical content clearly and concisely to non-technical audiences.
- Must be an intrinsically motivated, responsible person who can work well with others, independently of daily supervision.
- The successful candidate will also possess the following qualities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time manager
- Research experience in econometric modeling and/or machine learning.
- Industry experience in quantitative risk modeling and/or knowledge of banking regulations in the areas of risk measurement and monitoring, macroeconomic forecasting, and stress-testing.
- Experience in a client-facing position in financial services or consulting.
- Experience in or knowledge of credit underwriting, Basel regulation, portfolio management or credit & equity research
- Experience with business strategies such as risk-based pricing, limit-setting, limit management, and collection.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.