Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentWe strive to be a world-class sales organization with our customers’ needs at the centre of everything we do. Our client base ranges from banks and financial institutions to insurance and asset management companies, as well as government institutions and professional services firms. As the bridge between our product teams and customers, we build mutually rewarding relationships that allow us to deliver the best solution for each customer challenge. An organization of motivated, curious, and teamwork-oriented people, we let our passion drive our business forward.
Global Sales and Customer Service is comprised of over 1,000 sales and customer service professionals serving customers across banking, insurance, asset management, corporate, professional services and government sectors across over 50 countries.
Job DescriptionThe Role:
The internal title for this position would be Associate Director - Strategist.
The Business and Strategic Planning (BSP) Regional Lead will support the Moody’s Analytics Executive Revenue Leadership Team by exploring revenue growth areas and delivering deployment solutions to capture growth. This includes defining and planning scalable geo-specific go-to-customer strategies, sales territories and targets, as well as reporting on progress against these targets. The go-to-customer strategies, deployment solutions and performance reporting will result in acceleration of revenue growth.
- Strategic planning: make use of research and advanced modeling approaches using public and internal data sources to support and develop recommendations to the Executive Revenue Leadership Team for Global and Regional go-to-market strategy. This includes adapting elements of a central strategy to accommodate regional and country-specific market differences.
- Market research: conduct market research, including segmentation analyses and identification of strategic cross-selling pathways to into new and adjacent industry segments, coordinating with cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate. Quantifying total addressable market for customer segments and solutions.
- Deployment planning: informed by market research, strategic planning outputs and Global strategic direction, partner with Regional Sales Leadership to deliver a sales deployment solution to create scale and maximize revenue. This will include territory construction and target setting as an annual planning and modelling exercise.
- Performance Reporting & KPI’s: report to Regional Sales Leadership on actual and forecast performance compared with strategic intent and deployment goals. Develop and maintain lead and lag KPI’s to further track and predict performance and deliver insight.
The ideal candidate will have a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact at the executive level, market analysis experience to support strategic planning and financial planning experience to support deployment modelling. They will be a problem solver who can think creatively, clarify ambiguity and take ownership.
Qualifications, skills and experience
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Moody's employee at the Associate Director level, would typically have 7+ years of experience in data-oriented strategy, FP&A or management consultant roles.
- Proven track record of delivering planning solutions in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Proven track record of building robust and accurate financial models with multiple large complex data sets.
- Experience in customer segmentation and total addressable market analysis.
- Experience working in or supporting the Sales function.
- Strong communicator at all levels with experience at presenting to Executive level.
- A strong advocate for diversity able to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Highly organized, and self-discipline and a strong collaborator.
- Must have a can-do attitude to create impact.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.