Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentStructured Finance OU
Job DescriptionAs part of our analytics team, you will be providing structured finance cash flow modeling, analytics and data support to our clients. You’ll build and develop complex cash flow models using our fixed income software (SFW). You will be tasked with creating and supporting our structured finance cash flow models within Moody’s Investors Service. Your focus will be working on our waterfall library, used within various ratings groups, which will require a detailed understanding of models, data and technology. You will also take part in the design and integration of new features, functions, and analytics within our products, provide data support to ensure availability and quality of data for our clients, and assist our clients in meeting their technology, model and data needs.
An associate engineer whose primary responsibility is to provide client support and address client needs in the structured finance sector. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze complex structured finance cash flow models.
- Provide client support and resolve client requests.
- Update complex structured finance cash flow models over the performance cycle with accuracy and within the required turnaround time.
- Ensure the accuracy of data feeding the Cash flow models in deal library.
- Coordinate with the product development team to design, build test and implement new features.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization.
- Assist with special projects.
- achelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or related field. Master’s degree is a plus
- 1-2 years working experience, preferably in finance industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and analyze legal documents on complex financial structures
- Knowledge of structured finance cash flow models and data is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SLABS or RMBS cashflow modeling is highly preferable
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient/expert in Excel and VBA, and other MS Office tools
- Understanding of other programming/scripting languages is a plus
- SQL experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SFW is a plus
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.