Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentOperational Data and Controls (ODC)
Job DescriptionThe Role
The Regulatory Support and Controls (RSC) team in MIS Operations is responsible for the execution, support, remediation and controls of processes and enabling technology that support the end-to-end credit rating process and regulatory-mandated processes. RSC is looking for a Senior Ops Analyst to join the team.
The Senior Ops Analyst represents a key role in the delivery of key initiatives and business processes that are critical to the execution of MIS strategies and establishing standard operational objectives. Individual will work closely with variety of key stakeholders within MIS Operations and across the MIS organization.
- Manage cross-functional projects and drive the success of new initiatives or remediation efforts that support the end-to-end MIS ratings process, including the successful transition to business as usual (change management communications, training, guidelines, FAQ’s, presentations, etc.)
- Proactively identify opportunities to standardize business processes and enhance operational controls and efficiencies
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise on Rating Processes as well as Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Generate senior management reporting and implement processes to validate that reports are complete, accurate and produced on time
- Support the senior Process Owner in supervising the day-to-day workflow of a regulatory mandated process
- Support the regulation-mandated Look-Back Review administrative function including review of departed employee files, adding cases to the tracking system, actively monitoring and managing cases, answering questions in relation to cases, providing metrics and control charts to evidence the process, reviewing, prioritizing and actioning continuous improvement items
- Support the end-to-end MIS ratings process and evolving regulatory requirements, including active participation in System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Coordinate with the analytical community and other Moody’s teams (e.g. Compliance, Government and Public Affairs, Legal, MIS Tech, etc.) to effectively resolve outstanding requests/inquiries
- Project manage projects for new initiatives and remediation efforts and drive the efforts of the project team, including the successful transition to Business As Usual, where applicable
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree in business, finance/economics, the management or similar field; MBA a plus
- 5 – 10 years of operational control, business process, internal audit and/or business analysis experience with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management and articulate/present issues clearly and succinctly
- Self-starter and team player with ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple, competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to reach across the organization to successfully resolve requests/inquiries
- Highly organized and efficient, with attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Experience managing projects required
- Ability to supervise, facilitate, negotiate, and resolve interpersonal or inter-team conflicts
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Moody’s rating systems, analysis tools and operational processes a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.