Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
Job DescriptionThe Role
The Associate Analyst 3 (AA3) will conduct comprehensive analysis on an assigned portfolio of ratings/credits. The AA3 will perform holistic evaluations of credit risk by integrating credit inputs prepared by others, including Financial Data Analysts (FDAs), RRS Associates and external parties. In conducting credit analysis for their assigned portfolios, transactions or credit reviews, AA3s will actively participate in rating committee discussions and interact with issuers and other market participants, in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
As an Associate Analyst 3 you will:
- Join Moody’s Corporate Finance ratings lines of business (LOB)
- Receive analytical and professional onboarding plus on-going training, with a potential to selective cross-training in different asset classes or sectors.
- Support senior lead analysts with financial modeling and preparation of rating committees, publications such as press releases, credit opinions, research and investor outreach materials.
- Interact with bond issuers and arrangers and present your analysis in credit committees
- Work on global or cross LOB projects, as opportunities arise.
- Be mentored by senior lead analysts to further develop your analytical skills.
- Performs day-to-day credit analysis related to ratings, research, presentations, and investor outreach. Examples of analytical work produced include:
- Reviewing financial spreadsheets and charts prepared by others, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Assisting with proprietary models and new financial projections as applicable, identifying trends in data, and applying analytical skills and judgment to form well-reasoned credit conclusions.
- Reviewing transaction documents and building knowledge of cash flow and loss allocation rules (if applicable to LOB).
- Prepares first draft of rating committee memos
- Interprets and analyzes financial data and other credit inputs provided by others e.g. FDAs and RRS Associates.
- Monitors credit quality and issuer and/or portfolio trends by following market developments, analyzing issuer reporting, and engaging with issuers directly for follow-up clarification and information.
- Attends rating committee meetings
- Prepares first draft of core research as applicable to the LOB e.g. credit opinions, issuer and sector comments, press releases, pre sale and new issue reports etc.
- Attends investor briefings and issuer meetings as required;
- Performs analytical tasks related to portfolio reviews and other credit projects (e.g. liquidity scrubs).
- Operates applicable ratings and research systems and utilizes software specific to the rating group. Identifies all issues with data for follow up with Lead Analyst.
- Provides feedback to AATM on the quality and accuracy of work produced by FDA’s, along with providing constructive and proactive feedback to collegues and FDAs.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.