Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentV.E (Vigeo-Eiris, a Moody’s Affiliate), is a provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) solutions serving the investor and issuer communities. A global pioneer in ESG assessments, data and tools, and sustainable finance, V.E is part of Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS), a business unit of Moody’s Corporation serving the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights. MESGS delivers a comprehensive, integrated suite of ESG and climate risk solutions including ESG scores, analytics, Sustainability Ratings and Sustainable Finance Reviewer/certifier services.
Job DescriptionThe Sustainable Finance Analyst will be responsible for delivering Second Party Opinions and related products and services to customers across a diverse set of sectors including financial institution, corporate and public sectors. The successful candidate will possess strong knowledge of the sustainable finance space.
- Contribute to the production process of Second Party Opinions through accurate application of methodologies and established production processes
- Prepare the assignment and interviews with customers (knowledge on the context, validation of the assessment framework by the mission’s Project Manager, construction of the questionnaire to prepare interviews)
- Conduct customer interviews to gather required data and follow-up information
- Write deliverables/reports in line with quality standards
- Ensure the highest quality of service delivered to our client (high quality, reactiveness, adaptability, availability)
- Contribute to products’ innovation and development, in line with market needs, and in collaboration with the business line manager and product line manager
- Prepare due diligence internal reports, notes and reports to clients and research papers.#LI-DW1
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related discipline (environmental science, engineering, social sciences, economics, or international relations); graduate degree in related field highly desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience relating to sustainability/ESG, environmental and/or social impact assessment, carbon foot printing/GHG accounting, climate impact assessment
- Excellent English Language skills (working language)– any other language is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the sustainable finance sector, including market standards and practices. In particular, on the standards and practices to produce Second Party Opinions for green, social, sustainable and sustainability-linked bonds and loans
- Project Management skills, to lead and manage the team on assignments to efficiently produce and manage multiple missions at the same time in collaboration with the other members of the team while ensuring the good quality of the work.
- Rigour and time management to ensure the good application of the deontological and methodology rules, as well as the respect of the defined deadlines.
- Autonomy to be able to learn fast and produce missions in line with V.E’s methodology.
- Excellent communication skills in English to efficiently conduct interviews and manage client relationships with confidence, clarity and eloquence.
- Critical analysis and synthesis skills to be able to process and assess big amounts of information in short periods of time and provide accurate analytical reports in line with V.E’s methodology.
- Data analysis skills and knowledge - Monitor market trends and events, innovations, clients’ expectations.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.