Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Analytic Data Management (ADM) team consists of a diverse set of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs) supporting Banking, Insurance, Corporate Finance, Sovereign, Public Finance and Structured Finance Lines of Business. The teams are located in Vilnius, London, New York, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, and Tokyo in order to support Analysts based in EMEA, the AMERICAS and ASIA PACIFIC. FDAs contribute towards the financial analysis part of the rating process which has a significant impact on any given rating.
Job DescriptionFinancial Data Analysts have a significant input to the ratings and research process by analyzing financial statements and data provided by Issuers.
- The FDA uses accounting and finance knowledge and judgment to perform financial statement analysis, adjust reported data per relevant methodology requirements and review and analyze ratios
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial statements, official statements and other documents related to issuers’ performance
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research
- Frequently liaise with analysts and accounting specialists in order to understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
- Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts and outsourcers
- Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants
- Regularly interact with Moody's ratings analysts regarding financial and operational data needed for analysis and publications
- In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates and implementation of process improvements
- The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of knowledge transfer and career growth
- The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry
- European language, such as French, Italian or German is required
- B.A. or B.S. degree required; specializations in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is required
- Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands
Annual base salary gross: 17,850 – 24,900 EUR
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Moody’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. The salary is one component of Moody’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include short term incentives, health insurance (several options to choose from), accident and life insurance, access to the best in class learning and development platforms, flexible work arrangement.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.