Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentVigeo-Eiris, a Moody’s Affiliate, is a provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) solutions serving the investor and issuer communities. A global pioneer in ESG assessments, data and tools, and sustainable finance, V.E sits within Moody’s ESG Solutions Group, a business unit of Moody’s Corporation serving the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights. The ESG Solutions Group develops tools and analytics that identify, quantify, and report on the impact of ESG-related risks and opportunities
Job DescriptionThe Data & Index Solutions team at V.E is looking for an intern for a training period of 6 months to support the growth of our dual activities (building sustainable index solutions and support V.E for the delivery and the quality of the data).
- Participate to the construction of ESG indices
- Contribute to the industrialization of index deliveries (rebalancing, updating the strategies, reporting)
- Help the team to answer to RFPs and RFIs
- Control the quality of the data delivery
- Do market watch on ESG indices, ETF, labels, and regulations
- Participate on transversal projects (development of new products, new reports, improvement of the platforms)
- Automatization of calculations under Excel
- Production of ESG reporting for indices
- Update of the monitoring files (delivery requests)
- Excel in order to compute universes for clients, and often use complex formulas to assess if a company should be in an index or not. Excel is the core of our activity.
- Responsible Investment knowledge in order to better understand the products built by our clients, having an overall knowledge of responsible investment and its applications.
- Rigor in order to spot errors in the databases or to prevent computation errors for the client’s universes, we need a rigorous spirit.
- Financial knowledge in order to understand who our client and their willingness are to integrate sustainability into their investment strategies.
- Team Spirit in order to work closely together within our team but also with sales and IT, and potentially everyone at V.E
- Analysis skills in order to understand the needs of the client and how to map them with V.E research.
- French (fluent) in order to be able to exchange with your colleagues.
- English (fluent) as it is the main language in the working environment.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.