Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentBureau van Dijk is a Moody's Analytics company.
We capture and treat private company information for better decision making and increased efficiency. Our flagship product Orbis delivers information on over 360 million private companies - it’s the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies. We show what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, and who owns them.
Our solutions are used by companies, governments and the public sector, academics, financial institutions and professional service firms across the globe. They use them for many different types of projects, all with a common theme - efficiency. Our markets include: credit risk, compliance and financial crime, supplier risk, tax and transfer pricing analysis, data management and business development and strategy.
We have around 1000 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for a set of products or services. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity, arranging meetings, and contributing to sales cycle management to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific guidance and product overviews. Next step in career development is managing own accounts and target.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research prospect accounts to identify key contacts
- Drive bookings and recurring revenue growth by generating, qualifying, and developing sales pipeline
- Develop targeted multi-channel campaigns to generate new business opportunities
- Support more senior relationship managers in servicing larger and or/ strategic accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of new software product enhancements / features, and product messaging
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Manage and maintain accurate Salesforce.com notes and data to illustrate work activities and sales pipeline data
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels
- Position requires travel (approximately 30% to 50% of your time) (not during COVID 19)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or relevant field required, preferably with coursework in banking, insurance, financial services or related fields.
- Typical candidates will have between 1-3 years’ experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles, preferably with business development as main job activity.
- Understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers’ business drivers.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Ability to present high-level information as well as demonstrations of products & services.
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed
- Knowledge of sales technology and CRM tools/software (e.g. Salesforce.com)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be fluent in English, welcomed a second language knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.