Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Job DescriptionThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Financial Planning & analysis team is searching for a development focused, organized individual proficient in Microsoft Excel with exceptional communication skills to support Moody’s Analytics’ Research Data & Analytics and Professional Services lines of business. An ideal candidate would be comfortable in analyzing detail to assist in producing a meaningful high-level narrative. Key responsibilities for this individual would include:
- Sales and revenue planning:
- Develop short-term sales forecast utilizing pipeline data extracted from SQL
- Develop long term sales outlook by analyzing historical trends and coordinating with senior management
- Responsible for translating sales into revenue, using driver in Excel based models and understanding the different revenue recognition models for each type of product/service
- Expense planning:
- Assist with position management ensuring open position details are shared with the Lines of Business
- Assist with P&L analysis including invoice analysis and expense consolidation by vendor
- Utilize corporate planning systems to input and report forecast data
- Review and validate reclass entries
- Management reporting:
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports and variance analysis, identifying key focus areas for management
- Develop materials for senior management presentations, discussions and reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline or progress toward equivalent accountancy qualification
- 3+ years of relevant financial experience with planning and analysis processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage projects including regular planning processes and ad-hoc analytical project
- Able to work both self-directed as well as part of a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with sometimes competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Hyperion and SAP is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.