Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentBureau van Dijk is a Moody's Analytics company.
We capture and treat private company information for better decision making and increased efficiency. Our flagship product Orbis delivers information on over 310 million private companies – it’s the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies. We show what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, and who owns them.
Our solutions are used by companies, governments and the public sector, academics, financial institutions and professional service firms across the globe. They use them for many different types of projects, all with a common theme - efficiency. Our markets include: credit risk, compliance and financial crime, supplier risk, tax and transfer pricing analysis, data management and business development and strategy.
We have around 1000 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
Job DescriptionAn Assistant Director- Software Engineer fulfills the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Author technical design documents.
- Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
- 5+ years of professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Proficient in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc and suggests improvement to this process
- Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently and to own a business mission or a lead a small team
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competent in Programming Languages: C#, XML, XSLT, etc. Additional competence in C++ is a strong advantage.
- Competent in Development tools: Visual Studio, GIT, Jira
- Competent in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Competent in Application Frameworks & Engines: Linq, Unity, Entity Framework.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.