Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence andanalytical tools to help business leaders make better decisions. REIS, the cornerstoneof Moody’s Analytics CRE solutions, is focused on providing insights,analytics, and data to Commercial Real Estate professionals. With our focuson supporting informed buying, selling, and other financing or riskdecisions, we offer nearly forty years of collected data thatspans across sectors. Developed with flexibility, scalability,and efficiency as top priorities, our solution supports teams across allaspects of the CRE pipeline.
?REISis looking for a senior Data Engineer to join our growing data ?platform team. This is anexciting opportunity to build a system from the ground up using the latesttechnologies. The hire will be responsible for expanding, ?scaling and optimizing our data anddata pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and ?collection for crossfunctional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder ?and data wrangler whoenjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The ?Data Engineer will supportour software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data ?initiatives and will ensureoptimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing ?projects. They must beself-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, ?systems and products. Theright candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-?designing our company’sdata architecture to support our next generation of products and data ?initiatives.?
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture within AWS platform
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business ?requirements.?
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual ?processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.?
- Ensuring the data quality throughout the data lake
- 5-10 years of experience as a data engineer.
- Experience building data pipelines (ETL, data quality, data lineage)
- Hands on experience working with Python (or other comparable language) and SQL
- Experience with both traditional relational databases systems and big data tools such as: Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Kafka, etc.?
- Experience with AWS cloud services (or comparable cloud service): EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Athena, Glue, etc.
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative environment including: Scrum, Gitflow, PR reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to ?answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.?
- Experience working with unstructured data.?
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ?data stores.?
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, ?Luigi, etc.?
- Experience with dataops using CI/CD is highly desirable
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.