Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Job DescriptionDetailed Duties
Financial reporting and analysis
- Complete monthly P&L and Balance sheet reports under US GAAP within monthly close timetable deadlines.
- Resolve issues and unreconciling items in the accounts within the timeframe given in the company policy.
- Identify discrepancies between GL and sub-modules in SAP and liaise with the Systems team and AP Hub to have these resolved.
- Provide explanations on key variance fluctuations.
- Submit monthly pack of balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for local GAAP adjustments or alternate account balances.
- Prepare financial report on a quarterly basis for the country manger meeting.
- Ensure compliance of internal control policies in respect to local office activities.
- Assist internal audit team during internal audits.
- Advise manager of any change/breach to controls in the procedure manuals.
- Update on a regular basis SOX control documentation to reflect the local office activities.
- Act as first point of contact for any financial issues that arise locally and resolve or redirect/elevate as appropriate.
- Advise finance hubs or specialist teams if any issues arise that may impact their areas.
- Provide recommendations on improvements to operations (efficiency, system or control based).
- Advise systems teams of any changes to chart of accounts structure or local statutory related requirements that impact the financial systems.
Billing and Accounts receivable
- Prepare monthly journal entries based on US GAAP or PRC GAAP to recognize the revenue
- Prepare and enter monthly accounting entries based on USGAAP or local accounting policies, as applicable.
- Prepare year end local GAAP statutory accounting entries to ensure US and local accounts reflect audit adjustments.
- Reconcile prior period closing balance with current period opening balance once roll forward has occurred.
- Liaise with HR on support and format of payroll related entries.
- Ensure all accounting entries are adequately supported and completed in accordance with company policies.
- Prepare audit memos on specific accounting matters, e.g. : stock options liabilities, office dilapidation, leasehold improvement, free rent amortisation, pension accrual, vacation accrual and obtain approval from relevant accounting group on related accounting entries.
- Ensure all AP hub postings under G/L reflect the correct accounts, amounts, departments, geography etc.
- Prepare and analyze all inter-company transactions within the region and allocation from Corporate office.
- Review and confirm the monthly netting report provided by the Corporate office for each business unit.
Financial and Tax (Income Tax and VAT) filings
- Ensure local filing obligations are filed on time.
- Ensure year end financial books are closed within legal deadlines.
- Work pro-actively in order to have accounting pack ready for the auditors during their visit.
- Respond to auditors’ queries and work with auditors to have the audit completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensure statutory accounts, tax computations and other legal documentation are available for review by Management and Tax with sufficient time prior to Directors and Shareholders’ meetings.
- Liaise with Tax Team on timely submission of all tax filings and claims.
- Serve as “subject matter expert” for statutory and ad hoc filings.
- As liaison between different LOBs, responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely statutory and ad hoc filings for all locatons.
Annual financial statements and statutory audit
- Preparation of annual audit pack and supporting documentation.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Act as principle contact for statutory audit.
- Provide status reports and summaries during the audit process.
- Attend board meeting for financial statements approval.
Cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of weekly/monthly cash flow forecast.
- Degree holder in Accounting & Finance with professional qualification
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a multi-national corporation environment
- Capable of interfacing objectively with people at all levels and all functions within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Prefer candidates with multi-site (regional) experience
- Able to independently handle special projects.
- Initiative on identifying and addressing process improvement opportunities
- Proficiency in SAP System a plus
- Good knowledge of PRC GAAP, billing and statutory filings; and US GAAP a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is a MUST
- Audit experience in Big 4 a plus
- Willing and able to travel (Beijing or Shanghai) occasionally
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.