Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentRatings & Research Support
Job DescriptionThe Associate role contributes to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) team, by providing a range of support services that contribute to the overall credit analysis function performed by RRS and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams. This internally facing role provides discrete pieces of analytical work which support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, under the guidance of the RRS AA Team Manager. This role will initially focus primarily on one Rating Group (RG), and over time will cross-train and support varying asset classes.
Support Credit & Analytical Work:
- Prepare and update financial spreadsheets, charts and tables:
- Identify trends in data and apply reasoning to work being completed
- Initiate/escalate deeper reviews when necessary
- Analyze financial data and statements provided by other teams within Moody’s to perform preliminary analysis
- Provide analytical support for RRS and R&R surveillance of issuers
- Prepare presentation materials for outreach activities
- Support portfolio monitoring through tracking of news and industry sources on a daily or as needed basis; flag items requiring further analysis by Associate Analysts
- Support the credit administration process and perform other routine administrative and ad hoc tasks, as directed by RRS Team Manager
- Consistently maintain high quality in all deliverables, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Deliver within agreed timeframes and elevate competing priorities to RRS Team Manager for guidance
- Provide support and be a resource to other Associates as a backup, under the supervision of the RRS Team Manager
- Ensure strict adherence to compliance regulations
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies
- Understand key sources of data and steps required to enrich and adjust it for analytical purposes
- Develop Industry & Sector Knowledge
- Develop industry/sector knowledge to effectively communicate and build credibility with internal stakeholders
- Understand context for assigned work, including methodology and geographic characteristics that influence the analytical process
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications required; progress toward graduate degree in relevant field desired
- Relevant work or internship experience in credit and/or financial analysis strongly desired
- Solid Accounting background with focus in financial analysis (e.g. through coursework, CFA or equivalent, or relevant work/internship experience)
- Solid knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality, accurate work
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.