Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentCorporate Finance Group (CFG) - Regional Ratings & Research
Job DescriptionThe Role:
You will be responsible for a portfolio of companies rated by Moody's in the oil & gas and other sectors. The role will involve ongoing analysis of the credit profile of rated corporates in south and southeast Asia and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the operating environment. It is expected the individual hired will have the capability to manage client relationships at a very senior level and be able to write comprehensive and thought provoking research on individual companies and industry sectors. The role requires frequent interaction with investors, intermediaries and issuers, and managing assigned relationships. An ability to confidently interact with outside parties is therefore a prerequisite for this role.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies with public ratings
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees to assign and maintain credit ratings
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in Rating Committees and other internal analytical meetings
- Researching, writing and presenting on credit opinions/topical research and interacting with investors and intermediaries.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends
- Manage regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conference participations and third party presentations
- Build and maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries, with frequent interaction with investors and intermediaries, based upon industry and topical research written by the job holder.
- Work closely with senior Moody’s managers and mentor junior analysts.
- 8+ years of experience of credit analysis, including demonstrable financial analysis experience, gained from a recognized financial institution or audit firm.
- In-depth knowledge of the oil & gas sector
- Strong knowledge of corporate and debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers.
- Experience in complex transaction structures, with a good grasp of documentation, accounting and financial modelling.
- Proven market sector expertise in loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such corporate financials in the APAC markets and within the Asia regulatory framework.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, IT competency skills including advanced Excel.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Sound judgment – capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody’s brand effectively at a senior level.
- Proactive/”can do” approach to work.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to deal with a multitude of tasks and issuers.
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Produces work to high standards.
- Fluency in English is essential, other Asian languages would be desired.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.