Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentPart of Moody’s Analytics group, the ERS - BRT business unit builds and deploys fully integrated solutions on credit, market & liquidity risk and ALM software products.
The Banking RegTech group builds software to help banks around the world assess the overall health of their balance sheets and generate reports for regulators and other stakeholders. We know that regulatory and accounting standards and the technological demands of our customers are subject to change, which is why we employ a continuous cycle of innovation that allows us to offer nimble and agile solutions to our customers’ problems.
Job DescriptionWe are actively seeking a Center of Excellence Consultant to join our Implementation Services Group within our ERS - Banking Reg Tech organization. Implementation Services team specializes in installing, upgrading and configuring our financial software suites on customer site. Our products are used extensively by commercial banks, insurance companies, other private sector financial institutions, and governmental organisations throughout the world.
Our projects include software integration, product migration and upgrades, design and development of custom software components, data conversion and import, and technical client training.
Reporting to the Center of Excellence manager, you will be responsible for delivering technical and functional excellence on client implementation projects.
- Installation and deployment of the Product Solution in our AWS environments
- Set up and amnistration of 3rd party software such as database and application servers
- Data Mapping, transformation and loading into the Platform DataMart
- Functional an Technical Configuration of the Product Suite for regulatory calculations
- Operation of batches, calculations, monitoring
- Troubleshoot issues (Oracle, Web Application Server)
- Environment management
- Analysis of the results, explanations of the differences
- Audit of the customizations, inventory, upgrade, recommendations for redesign or removal
- Performing performance benchmarking and analysis
- Contributing to internal knowledge management systems by updating existing entries and developing best practices and FAQs
- Working closely with Subject Matter Expert group and Implementation service group to deliver the projects within the timeline expected by the customers.
- A degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- Extensive experience with either a software developer or systems integrator working on complex applications and architectures
- Strong relational database experience, especially Oracle 11g/12c, with knowledge of system architectures, system roll outs and general support
- Excellent command of PL/SQL: coding, performance tuning (analysis of execution plans) and usage of performance optimization tools
- Good understanding of server hardware, data storage, and web based application architecture
- Experience in setting up and administering web servers, ideally Websphere and/or Apache
- Good understanding of web technologies and web application server configuration (Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, and/or JBOSS)
- Understanding of banking products and Risk Management discipline will be appreciated, such as Basel III, ALM, Liquidity Risk or IFRS9
- Strong customer services skills are essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, French would be a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to work autonomously with some supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody’s.
- Highly organised, efficient and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Rigorous, and attention to details
- First experience on Big Data projects will be much appreciated : Hadoop,spark,yarn,etc
- Previous experience in Cloud computing will be appreciated .
- Ability to work pro-actively, multi-task and able to work using own initiative.
- Excellent planning, organisational, implementation and follow-up skills required.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.