Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
- Responsible for creating data visualizations and infographics that explain financial data and concepts conveying Moody’s insights.
- Execute and maintain visuals according to Moody’s branding and style.
- Work closely with team members including more senior design experts
- Recommend improvements in design procedures and technology where applicable
- Maintain competence in design software packages and associated technologies
- BA, BFA in Graphic/Visual Design, Computer Graphics, Visual Communication, Fine/Studio Art, or a related field. Portfolio / design samples required to apply to role.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in creating infographics and visualizing data.
- Candidate must have excellent skills in Excel/PowerPoint and good knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Familiarity with design and best practices in data visualization, infographics and data reporting.
- Understanding of corporate branding, layout, color, typography and responsive design.
- Experience working in a financial environment preferred. Good knowledge and interest in business, finance and economics fields is a big plus.
- Numeracy and the ability to think statistically are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Candidate should possess the ability to think and work independently while participating in a team environment.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.