Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentAt Moody’s Analytics we empower our customers to make better, faster decisions. We do so by providing timely and relevant research, data, analytics, software, and professional services solutions. We are a global firm with an extensive presence in local markets, serving more than 10,500 customers in 155 countries. We strive each day to approach all interactions and challenges with an open mind-set, to apply excellence in everything we do, and to be united in our focus on meeting our customers’ needs.
Part of the ERS Partner Management team, the 8 members are based in the EMEA, APAC & Americas region and three based in London, along with the Senior Director
Job DescriptionThe regional partner manager will be responsible for developing and managing the partner network in the EMEA region.
The primary objective is to increase sales of Moody’s Analytics (MA) enterprise risk management solutions via the partner network. Building on a software sales background, the partner manager will identify, select and on-board sales partners and help drive and support their sales and marketing activities according to growth objectives.
The selected candidate will work within the Partner Alliance framework, Moody’s Analytics newly launched partner program, and in team with a number of divisions at Moody’s, including Sales, Product, Marketing, Services and Legal.
This is a senior position in the team with direct responsibility for regional objectives, exposure to senior management, direct input to the partner program content and the opportunity to be very independent.
This role presents an exciting and unique career opportunity for the right candidate. Knowledge of the financial services and software industry and previous experience in Channel management are highly desirable, as well as a second European language, excellent interpersonal skills, good attention to detail, a can-do attitude and a high degree of pragmatism.
- Grow, structure and motivate existing sales and delivery partners
- Source, qualify and on-board new sales partners into MA partner ecosystem
- Negotiate sales referral, sales support and reselling schemes
- Fuel win-win relationships that meet both profitability and growth objectives for the partner and MA
- Work with partners to build and execute go to market plans that consistently cover product, pricing and market promotion aspects to help meet agreed sales targets and increase MA market share
- Support partner deal engineering ensuring that good coordination, relevant preparation activities and success criteria are being met to win deals jointly. Debrief accordingly and help to continuously improve the joint value propositions and pitching process.
- Work closely with Sales and Services teams to continuously understand and meet partner demand levels
- Develop a strong understanding of MA enterprise risk solutions and formulate partner-orientated client solutions working together with the Pre-sales and ERS product teams including product partnership opportunities.
- Manage partner implementation capacity and flow of subcontracting work towards partners as needed
- Working in team with Partner Services teams and Lines of businesses, manage partner delivery engagements, ensuring both client and partners are satisfied, and MA brand and commercial objectives are being met.
- Plan and execute on appropriate communication mechanisms (web/email/events) to ensure partners are always fully informed of MA products evolutions and are actively promoting MA solutions in the market.
- Ensure partners are trained and certified to MA standards and identify improvements areas, seeking input from other teams.
- Negotiate contracts, manage compliance issues and monitor ongoing compliance with MA standards
- Promote PartnerAlliance to the market, working with the partner program manager and other Partneralliance colleagues to plan and execute state of the art and efficient market communications.
- Opportunity to formulate and execute on partner product partnership strategy in the region.
- Educate internal teams on the objectives, benefits and operational aspects of the partner program and promote buy-in across the organisation.
- Software or Services sales experience and experience in developing relationships with multiple third party/partner channels (consulting firms, distributors and integrator)
- Channel Sales experience
- Experience or at minimum understanding of partner project delivery models
- Understanding of technology industry in Financial Services
- Engineering background preferred.
- Strong process skills
- Excellent communication skills, with experience working at executive level
- Self-starter, with ability to execute on global vision
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Ability to multitask, change priorities rapidly and work under pressure
- Strong commercial focus with experience in negotiation and selling
- Strong understanding of the Financial risk management solutions, products and services. Preference for Risk Management industry experience.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.