Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentRatings & Research
- Responsible for maintaining the analytical integrity of a portfolio and to continuously seek out opportunities to strengthen existing business processes under guidance from manager.
- Assist in updating and disseminating management reports under guidance from manager
- Perform data and portfolio analysis to support lead analysts with publications, special projects, and the ratings/monitoring processes for individual credits under guidance from manager
- Assist with user acceptance testing for system improvements with Moody’s proprietary systems
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts from various departments in the company (e.g., Information Technology, Global Middle Office, Research Team, etc.)
- Routinely assist with rating administration tasks to alleviate workload pressures on lead analysts
- Serves as a “go to” person for managers and analysts regarding involvement in special projects while concurrently maintaining high performance in core responsibilities
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Public Policy, Public Affaris, Egineering or Statistics with 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience (including interships)
- Progress towards completion of CFA Level I or other certificate in accounting finance a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Comfortable working with large and complex data sets
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and to be able to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong attention to detail
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.