Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentThe Payroll team are responsible for providing a comprehensive service to all lines of business and it supports entities across locations in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Our success is dependent upon the service we provide and therefore we source associates with a wide range of experience and knowledge in this specialist field.
The team is diverse, dynamic and committed, and our approach is professional, open and consultative.
Job DescriptionThis position will be part of International Payroll team, and primarily dealing with the payrolls for Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland and South Africa.
The payroll Analyst will deal with all areas of EMEA payrolls and will therefore act as the primary contact point for all related queries from both employees and external consultants/third parties. A large volume of data will be handled and therefore the payroll associate should be highly accurate, should pay close attention to detail and have excellent organisational skills. They should also be professional, diligent and have a courteous manner.
The duties of this role will include the following:
- Collate monthly changes from all departments, e.g. recruitment for new hires, HR for all changes and leavers
- Send payroll instructions to the outsourced payroll provider, verify those changes against the financial summary and perform net salary / cost centre analysis. Approve monthly payroll file and forward cost file to Accounts.
- Deal with all payroll and benefits queries
- Calculate and provide salary information to finance for the tax on salaries submission
- Provide all statutory leaver documentation to Business Partners for each leaver
- Run holiday report in Workwise and send to the payroll provider ensuring correct actions are processed
- Liaise with external tax consultants for the filing of Stock Options annual company return.
- Collect and approve transportation receipts and instruct payroll vendor with the monthly payment, track and reconcile
- Monitor third party payments made by payroll (tax, social charges, medical insurance)
- Track and process commission payments
- File and process payments for the Disability tax, Apprentice Tax, Training Tax and Accommodation Tax.
- Work with Comp and Ben on all local benefit reviews and the annual Profit Sharing and Interessment benefit programme in their entirety and calculate all vendor/employee calculations
- Manage payroll vendor and ensure they fulfill contractual obligations
- Year End Process
- Good working knowledge of any EMEA Payrolls and benefits legislation
- Must be a fluent English
- Well developed IT skills are essential, in particular, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be highly organised and efficient, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody’s.
- Good interpersonal skills both verbal and written, with the ability to work successfully with all levels of employees across the organisation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and diligent at all times.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.