Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentRatings & Research Support
Job DescriptionThe AVP Manager - Ratings & Research Support role is an internally facing role requiring broad interactions with Moody’s employees, including regular interaction with peer groups in Ratings & Research Support (RRS), and with lead analysts and managers in Ratings & Research (R&R). Strong collaboration with RRS counterparts in other locations is expected in order to successfully deliver on the RRS/R&R operating model.
This is a critical role providing significant managerial oversight, while helping to ensure that associate analysts in RRS and, in turn, lead analysts in R&R receive consistent, high quality credit support. The analytical aspects of the role will broaden the credit knowledge and experience of the AVP Manager -Ratings & Research Support, who will also have the opportunity to contribute to important projects and initiatives within RRS.
The AVP Manager -Ratings & Research Support role will directly manage an RRS team in Vilnius. Direct workload and assign analytical building block work to team dedicated to providing high quality data and credit support to RRS staff across the EMEA region. Other general management duties include conducting quality checks on analytical work produced for RRS staff and managing the people aspects of the business and HR processes for the team.
- Manage a team supporting global RRS groups across multiple sectors. The initial focus for this role will be providing support for RRS’ teams dedicated to banking and insurance rating portfolios in EMEA
- Lead strategic projects and initiatives, focusing in areas such as service quality; talent management and development; staffing and utilization analysis; technology enhancements and new platform deployments; process efficiencies, etc.
- In coordination with talent acquisition and training teams, oversee recruitment, onboarding and continuing development of RRS staff in Vilnius, supporting establishment of a strong position for MIS/RRS in the local market. Participate in relevant cross-discipline working groups tasked with successful start-up of Moody’s presence in Lithuania
- Develop and publish relevant metrics/reporting for the RRS team at the location, including staff utilization figures, quality reports and general customer satisfaction
- Ensure high quality analytical work is provided to RRS colleagues, in line with RRS service delivery standards and expectations; support the development and execution of service quality objectives as agreed with R&R. Strong collaboration with RRS counterparts and R&R is expected to uphold the quality and timeliness of credit analysis
- Manage performance evaluation, provide ongoing coaching and feedback
- Mentor and develop staff, including facilitation of career development planning and opportunities; Proactively seek opportunities to shape and enhance department/team processes to drive greater efficiencies
- Minimum undergraduate/first level degree (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications), Masters level degree in finance, economics or relevant field would be an advantage
- Experience in credit and ratings analysis, banking, audit or insurance is desirable
- Knowledge of financial institutions’ accounting and/or operations would be highly advantageous
- Experience in managing, training and mentoring a diverse team
- Familiarity with working in a regulated environment
- Team player, team (goal) oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as business priorities change
- Experience implementing and coordinating larger scale change processes (e.g., changes to rating methodologies, compliance/regulatory projects, other ad hoc projects, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.