Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentMIS / Relationship Management
The team is part of a broader group based in 8 offices across Asia Pacific and responsible for developing commercial relationships with rating clients including financial institutions, corporates, infrastructure and sub-sovereigns; as well as all classes of structured finance transactions.
Job DescriptionClient facing individual contributor role responsible for maintaining and extending existing customer relationships for a portfolio of 40+ customers within Southern Mainland China, Hong Kong & Taiwan, and supports the business development activities in the sub-region. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the relevant sectors and the debt capital markets in general, with proven ability to develop and execute a systematic/strategic customer outreach plan.
- Manage a portfolio of about 40+ exiting accounts and will be responsible for deepening existing relationships, capture price and grow the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition to these customers
- Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan including prioritizing and defining outreach objectives
- Support the business development activities within the sub-region, including bringing in new rating relationships, developing new market segments and providing innovative ideas for product development
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts
- Assist in preparing competitive proposals for new and existing contracts involving a bidding process
- Responsible for communicating / coordinating KYC (Know Your Customer) requests to customers
- Able to assist in organizing marketing events, such as roundtables and seminars, as well as teach-ins for intermediaries
- Effectively prepare and conduct telephone and in-person meetings with issuers at all levels independently and with minimal oversight
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody’s value propositions
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
- Understand main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Embraces the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets
- High autonomous in achieving business objectives
- Value diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Good team player
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
- Good English writing skill.
- Previous experience in relationship management is important.
- Previous experience from the rating industry, debt capital markets or as an analyst is desired.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.