Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentThe Moody’s Treasury team provides effective and efficient Global Treasury services operating within a secure and risk-aware environment while partnering with the business and external parties to enable Moody’s to achieve its objectives. The Treasury team meets its mission by managing risk and enhancing returns by obtaining optimal external financing and investment returns on excess cash. The team designs and implements a best in class banking infrastructure enabled by technology.
Job DescriptionThe candidate will be a member of the global Corporate Treasury team at Moody’s. As a member of the team, the Treasury Analyst will be primarily responsible for:
- Support in initiating wire transfers as requested to process intercompany transactions, FX settlements, investments and regular funding transfers as required.;
- Enter non- reporting bank account balances in Reval.
- Assit in internal and external audit related queries and confirmations
Bank Account Administration
- Opening/amending/closing bank accounts including managing signatories on those accounts;
- Maintaining the central repository of global bank account documentation for EMEA accounts;
- Recording bank accounts and signatories for all EMEA bank accounts in the TMS (treasury management system, currently Reval);
- Addressing banks’ KYC (know your customer) inquiries as received. This includes, but is not limited to, information regarding Moody’s entities, legal entity structure, signatory identification documents and other data as requested;
- Providing Moody’s banks with necessary documentation to on-board payment approvers in the banking system; and
- Coordinating with Moody’s Legal and the banks to ensure banking resolutions for all entities have been passed and are updated as organizational changes occur.
Additional Support Functions
- Obtaining and forwarding documentation/statements to Moody’s Accounting, Internal Audit and external auditors, as requested;
- Responding to ad-hoc AML (anti-money laundering) and sanction screening inquiries, both on a Moody’s entity level and/or on a transactional level (e.g., client receipts and outgoing payments);
- Assisting with cash flow forecast preparation;
- Experience with TMS a plus; some understanding of and/or background in finance and accounting; analytical skills
- Minimum 2 to 3 years in cash management or in banking/financial industry
- Familiarity with bank portals such as Citi Direct BE, Bank of America CashPro, preferred
- Experience with in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; interpersonal skills; ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Consistently demonstrated high standards of integrity
- Ability to work as part of team and independently, managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.