Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
Job DescriptionThe RRS EMEA leadership team is currently seeking to fill one AATM position for the RRS-CFG team. The role will directly manage a team of around 11-12 Associate Analysts (including in other EMEA based locations) dedicated to provide Ratings & Research (R&R) with high quality analytical information and analysis. This role will also collaborate closely with AATMs in MIS’ Associate locations (primarily Vilnius and Bangalore) to facilitate work flow and support the new way of work.
The AATM will coordinate and direct workload as well as ensure the analytical work produced for R&R is of appropriate quality, and enhanced by applying the appropriate judgment and experience. In addition, the successful candidate will actively take part in RRS management’s effort to attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain talented junior analytical staff.
This is a critical role providing incumbents with management experience, extensive interaction with analyst and managers in R&R and the opportunity to shape RRS and the broader RRS/R&R relationship. The successful candidate will gain broad visibility with and access to senior management across the organisation and qualify for future senior manager roles across the organisation.
Direct credit-related management of Associate Analysts include:
- Management of analytical work quality and consistency for assigned portfolio produced by associates. Provide analytical oversight to associates including:
- Review of quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data
- Review research produced on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues
- Implement appropriate quality checks on the analytical work and ensure high quality analytical work is provided to R&R; strong collaboration with R&R is expected to enhance the quality and timeliness of the credit analysis.
- Manage portfolio/workflow allocation; review portfolio assignments periodically and suggest potential changes to next level manager; coordinate work demands from various stakeholders:
- Assign associates to discrete work items and credit portfolios as appropriate; assign ad hoc tasks to associates as appropriate.
- Partner with R&R lead analysts and within RRS Management to ensure that work gets assigned to appropriate levels within RRS.
- People management responsibilities of Associate Analysts include:
- Drive and participate in university outreach activities, recruitment, selection and onboarding activities (campus recruitment) for “class” and ad hoc hiring.
- Manage performance evaluation process of associate (analyst)s; provide ongoing coaching and feedback to associate (analyst)s as appropriate.
- Identify and monitor high performing individuals and provide input into the promotion process.
- Drive stronger performance management culture by identifying and proactively managing underperformance.
- Mentor and develop staff, including facilitation of career development planning and opportunities; Encourage employees to take responsibility for their career goals.
- Assign relevant training to support associate and associate analyst development (e.g., methodology, asset class training).
- Attend select Rating Committees to maintain credit knowledge and assess the contributions of AAs on their development
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance existing process efficiencies.
- Participate in select special projects to further refine and improve RRS processes and enhance development and learning opportunities for staff.
- Proven relevant experience of credit and ratings analysis (in specified LOBs/asset classes) either as a lead analyst in R&R or seasoned AA in RRS;
- Experience/desire to manage, train, mentor and support associates
- Familiarity with Moody’s rating process and services; analyst workflow; compliance policies and procedures; rating business and regulatory requirements
- Strongly Service-orientated, to ensure R&R analysts receive strong, timely support and both R&R & RRS groups are working effectively as a team
- Capable of achieving high level of credibility with analysts and broader MIS functions
- Strong academic background equivalent to Bachelor or Master degree
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize as business priorities change
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel within EMEA
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of German and/or French is desirable
- Applications from Moody's alumni are welcomed.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.