Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentRatings & Research Support
Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities
- Performs day-to-day credit analysis related to ratings, research, presentations, and investor outreach. Examples of analytical work produced include:
- Reviewing financial spreadsheets and charts prepared by others, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Assisting with proprietary models and new financial projections as applicable, identifying trends in data, and applying analytical skills and judgment to form well-reasoned credit conclusions.
- Reviewing transaction documents and building knowledge of cash flow and loss allocation rules (if applicable to LOB).
- Develops strong working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies and credit rating best practices, applying these with guidance from Lead Analysts.
- Prepares first draft of rating committee memos, in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings.
- Interprets and analyzes financial data and other credit inputs provided by others e.g. FDAs and RRS Associates.
- Monitors credit quality and issuer and/or portfolio trends by following market developments, analyzing issuer reporting, and engaging with issuers directly for follow-up clarification and information.
- As applicable to the LOB, monitors and attends earnings calls of companies within assigned portfolio, including monitoring relevant news events.
- Attends rating committee meetings and is encouraged to participate, including offering analysis and opinion where appropriate.
- May complete Credit Estimates used to assess elements of credit risk in certain rated transactions.
- Prepares first draft of core research as applicable to the LOB e.g. credit opinions, issuer and sector comments, press releases, pre sale and new issue reports etc. in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Contributes to research strategy, including idea generation and preliminary drafting, adhering to Moody's research standards.
- Attends investor briefings and issuer meetings as required; may help prepare presentation materials; arrives prepared to engage in discussions.
- Builds positive relationships with issuers – displays initiative to understand the issuer’s business and proactively responds to issuer enquiries.
- Performs analytical tasks related to portfolio reviews and other credit projects (e.g. liquidity scrubs).
- Operates applicable ratings and research systems and utilizes software specific to the rating group. Identifies all issues with data for follow up with Lead Analyst.
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment in applying Moody’s processes, documentation standards and best practices, adhering to all laws and policies.
- Provides clear, concise and constructive guidance in the delegation of work to Associates (if applicable), actively managing workload pipeline in order to provide sufficient time for completion. Seeks Associate Analyst Team Manager (AATM) guidance where needed to determine how to allocate work.
- Provides feedback to AATM on the quality and accuracy of work produced by Associates, along with providing constructive and proactive feedback to Associates and FDAs.
- Undergraduate degree required with minimum 2 years relevant work experience.Graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred.
- Proven credit experience (in related field) required. Progress towards completion of CFA preferred.
- Good verbal & written communication in English and Mandarin
- Experience on projection analysis a plus.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly, independently balancing conflicting priorities.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.