Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentGMO / Data Validation Group
A Financial Data Analyst (FDA) is a vital member of the ODC/GMO division leading the data validation function. Work with an ambitious and diverse team of FDAs who support various lines of businesses including Banking, Insurance, and Global Managed Investments.
The FDA in the Data Validation Group will be a part of a growing organization with a global presence, supporting regional lines of businesses. The FDA contributes directly to the research and the ratings process by fact checking and validating all underlying and supplementary material.
- Validate and fact check pre-publication materials and documentation of the research and the ratings process.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of data validated; including the ongoing monitoring of the quality of data validated by outsourced resources
- Understand financial data and be able to analyse issues and challenges in order to develop and implement solutions.
- Work with outsourcers on a regular basis
- Interact with analysts from lines of businesses with regards to financial data issues of their publications
- Understand and manage client expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel)
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work independently and proactively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics highly preferred
- Relevant experience in Accounting or Finance with understanding of financial statements is desirable
- An understanding of Economic concepts would be desirable
- Japanese language proficiency is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.