Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentMoody’s Shared Services UK Limited
The Role / Responsibilities
Assisting Assistant General Counsel – EMEA Commercial and other members of the Commercial Legal team on diverse Commercial legal matters:
• Drafting and negotiating Moody’s customer arrangements, including contracts, rating applications, side letters and regional and local government tenders.
• Review and negotiation of confidentiality, hold harmless, non-reliance and engagement letters.
• Review of global Commercial Sales & Marketing Materials.
• Liaising with and managing external counsel on specific matters; assistance with budgeting, billing and accounting for legal spend.
• Development of standard forms, precedents, guidance notes, best practices and training materials.
• Preparing and delivering presentations to Commercial staff on legal developments relevant to Commercial matters.
• Supervision of (seconded) trainees.
• Any other Commercial/Legal matters or projects which may arise from time to time.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Strong academic record.
• Degree in law or other relevant discipline plus, in latter case, Graduate Diploma in Law.
• Legal Practice Course.
• Working in a leading City/US private practice law firm or relevant in-house role with demonstrable experience in general commercial and/or corporate law.
• Experience working in an international environment.
• Experience working with a diverse range of individuals of varying seniorities.
• Experience in drafting and negotiation.
• Knowledge of financial services products / markets preferable.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent administration, project management and document management skills.
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Flexible approach: business-minded but understands fully Moody’s legal and regulatory risks.
• Able to quickly grasp diverse and complex issues
• Able to present a positive image of Legal Department
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.