Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe primary function of the Relationship Management department is the establishment, maintenance and management of rating relationships throughout
Job DescriptionThe Role / Responsibilities:
Client facing individual contributor role responsible for maintaining and extending existing customer relationships the Structured Finance Sub-Region. Within this role, the candidate will work autonomously with moderate supervision by the Head of Relationship Management for Structured Finance.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of existing accounts, for Structured Finance Consumer/Corporate Asset Securitisation transactions.
- Responsible for deepening existing relationships, capturing price and growing the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition to existing issuers.
- Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. market coverage, cross- and upselling of products, average price increases.
- Collect market intelligence to share with broader Relationship Management and Pricing teams.
- Ensure we have an opportunity to bid for close to 100% of all x-border transactions, and where relevant domestic ones, which are not covered by umbrella contracts.
- Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan (prioritizing, defining outreach objectives), for the Africa sub-region.
- Maximize in person with high priority accounts and touch other accounts by phone or when the opportunity presents itself at third party conferences.
- Expect to spend minimum of 25% of the time meeting customers.
- Spend at least 4 days per year meeting with investor for market intelligence and to get insights on positioning Moody’s value proposition to customers.
- Contribute to the annual strategic planning process for Structured Finance Consumer/Corporate Asset Securitisations, by assessing the vulnerability of relationships and by identifying new business opportunities for the supported market.
- Guide and mentor Sales Support team to facilitate professional development and efficiency.
- May be asked to account management support to other sub-regions or may be asked to cover other asset-classes (rotation within the team).
- In-depth understanding of a range of fixed income instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets globally and specific nuances of Structured Finance.
- Prior Rating Agency experience advantageous
- Direct Sales and Marketing experience with customers
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each customer
- Strong communication skills. Effective at communicating with all levels at customer meetings in-person and by teleconference independently and with minimal oversight
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition, convincingly and unscripted
- Ability to have a detailed understanding of commercial contractual considerations and Moody’s pricing philosophy
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to defend pricing, contracts, and renewal terms.
- Track record of autonomous independent working, as part of a senior relationship management/sales team
- Where applicable, respond to tenders including drafting responses and managing the process. Responses to tender documents
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Relevant years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluent in English is essential
- Language skills – English and at least one other language highly desirable (language commonly used in Emerging EMEA, preferably German).
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.