Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentThe Senior Compliance Associate will work in an evolving regulatory environment and will assist the Compliance Department in administering the company's Compliance programme with a focus on supporting regulatory compliance for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Support the broader EMEA Compliance team in meeting its supervisory obligations
- Liaise internally with the business and the global Compliance team to obtain the requisite material
- Preparation of responses and feedback to regulator requests
- Work on submission of periodic reporting information to regulators
- Assist with the preparation of Compliance reports internally and externally
- Support the MD EU Compliance on various projects and initiatives
- Assist the EMEA Compliance team with regulatory implementation project work
- Bachelor degree, preferably but not necessarily in law
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong interest in regulatory and compliance advisory work
- Experience with a financial industry regulator, corporate internal audit department and/or compliance department of a regulated financial services firm is desirable
- Highest ethical standards
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong probative skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business and regulatory environments
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a team
- Ability to work independently in EMEA and as part of an internationally based compliance team
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.