Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Global Middle Office (GMO) provides transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services, and other broad operational support to Moody’s Investors Service’s Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The GMO has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives, and technology projects.
Job DescriptionThe Role
To provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and the Fundamentals team. The successful candidate will be responsible for auditing/Verifying all administrative work related to all subset of deals that the team produces. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to management on assigned projects.
- Conducting independent audit on the quality of work produced by the Fundamentals team
- Working closely with senior management to ensure data consistency and accuracy of information processed by the group
- Improve operational and regulatory process efficiency and related controls through identification, research and resolve of issues involving data processing errors
- Developing key quality standards and related KPI reports to management to provide transparency around quality of execution and areas of improvement
- Special projects as assigned related to internal data quality improvements involving liaison with various internal departments that work closely with GMO
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Deliver high level of service across a high volume of transactions
- Requires 2-3 years experience in financial services within data quality assurance/ data management role
- Previous strong project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree required ideally within a Financial discipline
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous financial data and product experience
- Well developed IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is critical
- Highly organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Works using own initiative and without close supervision
- Fluent in English is essential. Fluent in another European language would be advantageous
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.