Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentService focused individual responsible for providing sales support for the RM team. The Sales Support function reports to the Head of Sales Support (HoSS) and works closely with experienced Sales Professionals - Account Executives (AEs), Relationship Managers (RMs) and Sub-Regional Heads (SRHs) supporting their activity to increase mandates and revenue in their assigned territory(ies), region(s) and/or line of business. The Associate may have more specific responsibilities to support RM franchise coordinators and specialists as well as special assignments.
- Support portfolios of new and existing customers across the EMEA region
- Part of a team that provides crucial sales support to ensure premium delivery of customer service
- Works autonomously with some supervision by HoSS, SRH, RM or AE
- Assist RMs/AEs in managing prospects and existing relationships through their entire life-cycle
- Prepare materials for existing customers / prospect meetings and support follow-up items post meetings
- Complete sales process admin in Salesforce (creating opportunities and accounts, ensuring approvals are kept appropriately, sending commercial offers to customers, side letters, arranging timelines for management meetings with customer/ratings group
- Support SRHs in strategy implementation & other projects, with involvement of HoSS
- Participate in creating pricing and method exceptions for senior members of the team to present at the Pricing Approval Committee
- Expected to attend and participate in 10+ in person joint meetings with AMs, RMs and SRHs including existing customers customers, prospects in the assigned sub-regions
- Responsible for preparing call material for existing key account or prospective clients and/or prepare PowerPoint presentations, pre-meeting/call fact sheets and other market, territory, sector or research materials for calls with customers/prospects
- Support information gathering and research for the RMs and AEs, for example collect data and documents for Request For Proposals (RFPs)/Tender responses.
- Produce relevant Issuer Value Statement data, charts, and other information to support tailor-made Commercial presentations
- Under supervision of senior members of the team, monitor market developments and trends including coverage information, lead generation, identify targets and cross selling opportunities.
- Monitor news when applicable as well as review publications which can provide insights on cross-selling or new business. Report findings to senior members of the team
- Responsible for providing event/conference support, pre-conference/ pre-meeting preparation and customer follow-up support post conference/meeting
- Trigger early missed deal alert process, be part of the Rating Withdrawal process
- Responding to customer queries as needed
- Produce reports in Salesforce and for accuracy and completeness of data entered
- Direct customer interaction depending on business need
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders e.g. Middle Office, Legal, Compliance, Sales Operations, Billing/Collections team
- Actively contribute to special projects and ad-hoc initiatives/campaigns
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- Previous experience in the financial services industry in a business development, sales or client relationship role is desirable but not required
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of Capital Markets and is able to consistently apply knowledge to their existing role
- Language skills - English and French fluent verbal and written. Any other additional language(s) would be advantageous
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce; well versed in Powerpoint and able to produce high quality commercial material
- Understand main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand capital markets strategies
- Good understanding of Moody’s service and product suite, contracts and general conduct of business
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task, excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a geographically diverse and multi-cultural team
- Team player
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.