Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Methodology Development Group (MDG) at Moody’s is responsible for developing and publishing all new methodologies and revisions to existing methodologies, as well as the related models, scorecards and analytical tools used in MIS. MDG includes the Methodology Framework Group and the Document Process Group.
The Methodology Framework Group (MFG) leads the analytical development of methodologies and scorecards and acts as the principal point of contact for R&R in the development process. MFG is split into two teams; MFG-Fundamental team that covers sector and cross-sector methodologies in CFG, FIG, PPIF and Sovereigns and MFG-SFG team for sector and cross-sector methodologies in the Structured Finance Group.
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Methodology Framework Group forStructured Finance (which is part of the Methodology Development Group).
As a senior member of the team, the VP-Analyst will serve as lead on a range of analytical projects relating to rating methodologies covering Structured Finance asset classes and regions.
This role requires a strong academic background with substantial experience in structured finance, credit risk and quantitative analysis. The ideal candidate for this role will also possess strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail and enjoy working in a collaborative and international team environment.
This VP-Analyst position provides a unique opportunity to get involved in rating methodology development.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of rating methodologies used by the Structured Finance Group
- Regularly work with Structured Finance related tools or models and run sensitivity analysis
- Lead projects ensuring timely completion and effective execution.
- Support other members of the team with complex projects
- Draft presentations and support documentation
- Coordinate with other members of MDG, Structured Finance Group, Ratings Process Oversight Group, Rating Model Group and the Methodology Review Group
- Assist with ad-hoc quantitative or analytical tasks
- Experience must include conducting structured finance transaction analysis and risk analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in listed or related fields with a substantial number of years of relevant job experience, in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field.
- Experience with cash flow and simulation models using, for example Excel and VBA
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.