Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentCredit Strategy & Research
Job DescriptionThe Financial Analytics Team focuses on centralized technical analysis such as projections and stress testing, primarily for all rated global banks and banking systems. The team provides detailed analysis for inclusion in BSOs and rating committees, and also contributes to research and monitoring of financial systems. The successful applicant for this challenging role will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the team’s work. As such, the role will involve developing an in-depth knowledge of financial systems across the globe and coordinating effectively with ratings teams. In addition, the jobholder will be expected to contribute to the broader objectives of the Strategy & Research team, including bespoke and thematic research and cross-rating team activities.
- Develop, build and maintain new analytical tools to support financial analysis within FIG, and for other rating groups as needed
- Lead stress testing & projections for different banking systems
- Identify nascent trends and issues in financial systems, and deliver bespoke analysis for senior management/publication
- Contribute to and/or lead special projects and methodological work as required.
- Review, summarise and compare regulatory developments and likely credit implications.
- Preparation and potentially delivery of outreach presentational material relating to asset quality and stress testing.
- Support wider sector and company research writing.
- Support team manager and MD in other tasks as needed.
- Strong academics, ideally with a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Finance or a related subject
- Relevant forecasting, quantitative or credit analysis experience within a financial institution, or related experience from a recognised firm
- Ability to build and use economic and financial models
- Relevant experience covering the banking industry. Familiarity with recent trends in banking regulation beneficial
- Track record of quantitative research and comparative analytics would be highly beneficial
- Background or experience within the insurance sector would be highly beneficial
- Fluency in written English is critical – particularly drafting and editing. Fluency in other languages would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and demonstrable research skills
- Well developed IT skills including advanced Excel. An ideal candidate would be highly experienced with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Sound judgment – able to form and present findings
- Able to work using own initiative without close supervision and exercise sound judgement
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.