Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentCorporate Planning / Finance
- Position objective is to provide a supporting role to seasoned analysts through all phases of the financial planning and analysis processes.
- Prepare standard monthly reports and variance analysis, identifying key focus areas for management
- Prepare relevant ad-hoc analysis in support of the financial planning and analysis processes
- Provide support in developing materials for senior management presentations, discussions and reviews
- Support business and finance management in ad-hoc inquiries and financial reporting and analysis
- Work with the in-house accounting team to ensure integrity and relevance of management reporting
- Provide analytical support and suggestions regarding the development of the corporate planning systems
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
- Recommend improvements/enhancements to current processes and reporting
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline or progress toward equivalent accountancy qualification
- Previous exposure to financial analysis and planning work is preferred
- Entry-level position with less than 2 years of experience
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Advance English in both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; confident flexible and positive attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Exposure to multidimensional reporting applications (e.g. Hyperion Planning and Essbase) is desirable
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.