Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentMIS Commercial Group
The Role / Responsibilities:
The role will be a newly created, unique position to build and manage MIS Commercial Group’s relationships primarily with our affiliates and partners in China with a focus on developing closer cooperation across the respective Commercial teams. The role requires a deep understanding of capital and credit markets in China, cultural sensitivity and an excellent understanding of the regulatory, legal and compliance environment. The VP will work across the multiple functions within the Commercial Group and other parts of the organization.
- Develop a relationship management strategy to build relations with affiliates and partners in China with a focus on Commercial functions.
- Proactively manage and nurture the relationships with key Commercial team leaders with such partners.
- Work with partners and affiliates to identify customer needs and deliver the MIS- value proposition to customers
- Channel business opportunities to MIS and vice versa (as a coordinator)
- Keep track of cooperation efforts and deal referrals
- Responsible for retaining existing clients and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition.
- Help to defend and increase Moody’s coverage in China cross border market
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals to promote Moody’s brand in onshore China.
- Engage closely and communicate effectively with RMs in MIS and the respective partner organizations.
- Build relationship with a wide variety of market participants.
- Initiate and organize joint marketing events, such as round tables, seminars.
- Organize meetings with key market participants to better understand demand factors and shape value propositions.
- Contribute proactively to overall sales and marketing plans for the market segment / territory.
- Represent the Relationship Management team at meetings with partners.\\
- Provide feedback to internal Management team on innovative ideas for business development in Greater China.
- Work with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including RMs, Regional Management, Ratings Group, legal, compliance and other relevant teams.
- Work closely with control functions to ensure strict compliance with laws and regulations.
- Being able to build and maintain active relationships with partner organizations (Commercial functions) at all levels independently with minimal oversight.
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to reach out and connect with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to apply a strategic business development mindset.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition.
- Strong understanding of the Chinese bond and credit markets – both cross border and onshore.
- Sound understanding of the rating agency industry in onshore China and internationally
- Ability to quickly grasp an understanding of Moody’s products and services, contracts and general conduct of business.
- Embraces the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets.
- High autonomous in achieving business objectives.
- Excellent and proven team player.
- Expect to travel.
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, Cantonese desired
- Excellent English writing skill.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing or relationship management is important.
- Previous experience from the onshore China rating industry, debt capital markets or as an analyst is desired
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.