Bureau van Dijk is a Moody's Analytics company.
We capture and treat private company information for better decision making and increased efficiency. Our flagship product Orbis delivers information on over 310 million private companies - it’s the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies. We show what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, and who owns them.
Our solutions are used by companies, governments and the public sector, academics, financial institutions and professional service firms across the globe. They use them for many different types of projects, all with a common theme - efficiency. Our markets include: credit risk, compliance and financial crime, supplier risk, tax and transfer pricing analysis, data management and business development and strategy.
We have around 1000 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for a narrow set of products or services. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity, and contributing to sales cycle management to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific guidance and product overviews.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company’s vision and objectives.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to manage the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and contributing to sales cycle management to bring sales to closure.
- Help drive the development of business within the assigned territories.
- Support more senior relationship managers in servicing strategic accounts.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Work closely with Product Strategists, Marketing Strategists and other employees within the organization to leverage their appropriate expertise in the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvements in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess the needs of the client by gaining an understanding of the specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements.
- Provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as a liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate BvD responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Assist Product Strategists in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of BvD’s expertise internally and externally.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services or corporate industry, including market dynamics and customers’ business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills in German and English are essential.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.