Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
Job DescriptionAs part of our analytics team, you will be providing structured finance cash flow modeling, analytics and data support to our clients. You’ll build and develop complex cash flow models using our fixed income software (SFW). You will be tasked with creating and supporting our structured finance cash flow models within Moody’s Investors Service. Your focus will be working on our waterfall library, used within various ratings groups, which will require a detailed understanding of models, data and technology. You will also take part in the design and integration of new features, functions, and analytics within our products, provide data support to ensure availability and quality of data for our clients, providing data support to ensure availability and quality of data for our clients and assisting our clients in meeting their technology, model and data needs.
|An associate engineer whose primary responsibility is to provide client support and address client needs in the structured finance sector. Responsibilities include:|
|· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or related field. Master’s degree is a plus|
· 1-2 years working experience, preferably in finance industry if preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
· Ability to comprehend, interpret and analyze legal documents on complex financial structures
· Knowledge of structured finance cash flow models and data is preferred.
· Working knowledge of SLABS or RMBS cashflow modeling is highly preferable
· Strong quantitative and problem-solving abilities
· proficient/expert in Excel and VBA, and other MS Office tools
· Understanding of other programming/scripting languages is a plus
· SQL experience is a plus
· Knowledge of SFW is a plus
· Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
· Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.