Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentMoody's Analytics - CS Econ & Business Analytics - Economist Research
- Analyze data, contribute regional analysis for company publications and write brief topical analysis. Contribute to our website commentary by covering economic indicators and writing blogs, and work with senior staff on research and consulting projects.
- Become the expert on assigned U.S regional and country economies; responsible for forecasting and analysis of sub-national and country economies.
- Provide support to senior analysts in data analysis, charts, tables and maps; contribute analysis under supervision.
- Manage customized client deliveries and respond to client requests and inquiries.
- Write computer programs using such software as FAME, Eviews, Stata or R for data transformation, estimation and model building.
- Gain experience in public speaking by presenting at internal meetings and to local community groups.
- Master’s degree in Economics or a Bachelor’s degree with several years of experience in economic forecasting, analysis or consulting.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of computers and experience with such languages as Eviews, Stata or R.
- Must be a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work directly with clients.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.