The Communications Strategist – ASEAN Media Officer role is one that combines general communications team support with proactive media outreach and strategic planning. As such, this position will:
Assume responsibility for media relations activities in Singapore and several ASEAN countries, as well as for one or more analytical groups under the mentorship of the team manger or a tenured communications strategist.
Contribute to the creation and implementation of the analytical group(s), country-specific (including Singapore) or regional (ASEAN) media outreach strategy, and communication plans.
Respond to press inquiries by providing ratings, research, and facilitating analyst access.
Engage in proactive outreach to the media through targeted distributions of press releases and reports, e-mails, phone calls, briefings, interviews, background meetings, etc.
Lead strategist for media outreach and support to Moody’s Analytics, a financial intelligence company, which operates independently of the Moody’s Investors Service credit rating agency.
Maintain primary responsibility for or provide back-up on the media information line and mailbox (through which Moody’s receives media queries), the media clipping report, and other daily team support activities as required.
Update media contacts database and maintain detailed records of media activity, ensuring that all inquiries, campaigns, contacts and meeting data are input in a timely, accurate and comprehensive fashion.
Provide monitoring, analysis, and reporting on media coverage relative to competitors.
Provide support in developing, posting and tracking social media initiatives including LinkedIn, Twitter (English and Chinese), and WeChat.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or journalism or other related field.
- At least 2 year’s experience in a related field with success managing communications.
- Must have a proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills; a keen attention to detail; and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a professional, creative, extremely organized, enthusiastic and flexible team player, who can work independently.
- Fluent in spoken Mandarin and able to read/write simplified Chinese for media monitoring and social media postings.