DepartmentBureau van Dijk is a Moody's Analytics company.
We capture and treat private company information for better decision making and increased efficiency. Our flagship product Orbis delivers information on over 310 million private companies – it’s the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies. We show what companies do, how they’re performing, the people that run them, and who owns them.
Our solutions are used by companies, governments and the public sector, academics, financial institutions and professional service firms across the globe. They use them for many different types of projects, all with a common theme - efficiency. Our markets include: credit risk, compliance and financial crime, supplier risk, tax and transfer pricing analysis, data management and business development and strategy.
We have around 1000 employees working in more than 30 offices across the globe.
This role is responsible for maintaining our Directors/Managers database that is made available online to subscribers, and for responding to and assisting clients with their data-related requests.
It involves recurring weekly tasks related to the treatment of this huge database (with over 550 million records), and this is the best start in understanding the complexity, architecture, and the processes.
The training approach we employ is a learning-by-doing strategy, meaning that you will be exposed to practical tasks from day one, while being assisted and mentored by senior team members.
- Maintain company's historical databases that are available online to subscribers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Respond to client requests and inquiries; you’ll perform second line support tasks (as specialist), meaning you’ll assist the first line of support (generalists) to solve data-related issues.
- Build your knowledge on all the intricate details and interactions of the different elements and procedures within our database.
- Execute and improve the processes of our data-engine that transform our raw data into the final database used by our products for display to the clients.
- Improve existing processes and procedures to enhance the speed and accuracy of our updates
- Undergraduate or advanced degree with course work in economics Econometrics, Business Administration, or any Data / Information Technology-related field.
- A first working experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel and relational databases (SQL). Experience with Python is preferred.
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English.