Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
DepartmentMoody's Shared Services - Compensation & Benefits
The Compensation and Benefits team are responsible for providing a comprehensive service to all lines of business and it supports entities across locations in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Our success is dependent upon the service we provide and therefore we source associates with a wide range of experience and knowledge in this specialist field.
The team is diverse, dynamic and committed, and our approach is professional, open and consultative
Within a team of 4 this position will involve payroll administration across the EMEA region, including France, Belgium, Germany, Russia, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Dubai, Ireland, Czech Republic, Netherlands, South Africa and Poland. All EMEA payrolls are outsourced locally and this role will be involved in the monthly administration.
Administration of Time and Attendance system and monthly timesheets inputs.
Some administration associated with benefits (e.g., medical plans, life insurance and disability plans) will also be required as part of this role.
This role handles a large volume of data and therefore the Administrator should be highly organised with a flexible and adaptable ‘can do’ attitude. Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills are essential in this busy and varied role
Key Payroll Responsibilities
Provide administrative support across the EMEA payrolls, as directed by the Payroll team. Duties include:
• Support with all payroll changes/inputs monthly
• Manage Time and attendance system
• Monitor of EMEA email inbox and resolve/redirect queries
• Completion of post payroll administration, including preparation and reconciliation of cost reports
• Maintain all year to date earnings and deductions in database and provide reports as necessary
• Maintain record keeping of local benefit plans (medical, life insurance etc)
• Produce payroll accounting reports from payroll systems
• Acting as co-ordinator for employee and third-party queries
• To provide general payroll or benefits support, as required
• To run the monthly EMEA Interface (together with associated reports) and distribute accordingly
• Act as cover for other EMEA payrolls
• To ensure that all enquiries are handled in a courteous and timely manner as required
• Preparation of any ad hoc reports, as required
• The ability to prioritise work assignments to accommodate urgent requests as needed.
• To ensure that all data handled meets with stringent audit/Sox requirements
• Maintain a flexible attitude.
• Demonstrate a professional and courteous attitude to colleagues at all times.
• Ability on own and to work with team members to develop creative solutions to workflow issues.
• Graduate calibre Desirable
• IPPM qualified (full or part) Desirable
• Good knowledge of 2 EMEA payroll legislations & requirements (France/Belgium/Germany desirable)
• Experience of working in a payroll environment
• Resolving employee’s payroll related questions
Key Skills Technical
• Well developed IT skills including advanced excel
• Peoplesoft Essential
• Language skills Highly Desirable
• Strong team player
• Adaptable, problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail Essential
• Highly organised and efficient Essential
• Ability to work to tight deadlines Essential
• Work using own initiative and without close supervision Essential
• Good written and verbal communication skills Essential
• Flexible, diligent and dependable Essential
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.