Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentRatings and Research Support
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and using analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody’s methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by RRS Team Manager.
- Work as a team with other Associates in RRS, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably some relevant experience.
- Solid Accounting background, with strong focus in financial analysis (e.g., through coursework, or relevant work experience).
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.